Providing adequate resources to support volunteering is really important to involving volunteers effectively. Volunteers are not a free resource and many organisations need to seek funding to cover the costs of involving volunteers. For more information about the kinds of funding which may be available to support volunteers go to www.grant-tracker.org
This section of the website also provides links to other sources of funding for volunteering. Click on the links below for further details on the latest funding opportunities which are available for your organisation.
- Awards for All - Giving groups a quick and easy way to get small lottery grants of between £500 and £10,000. Applications accepted all year.
- Reaching Out - Supporting Families - Supporting Northern Ireland families to improve their children's lives. Funding size £500,00-£700,00. It's strongly advised that Stage One Applications should be submitted before 30 September 2014, to avail of feedback and be able to resubmit before the final closing date of 30 January 2015.
- Other Lottery funders - If none of the current Big Lottery Fund programmes are suitable for your project, these other Lottery funders may be able to help. Various application closing dates.
- UK Main Fund - The majority of their grants area awarded through the UK Main Fund and they welcome proposals from organisations working within their five themes - Better Futures, Healthier Finances, Safer Lives, Stronger Communities and Fairer Society. Grants from £10,000 available. Applications accepted all year.
- Special Initiatives - Comic Relief work in partnership with a range of organisations and other funders to create long-term change for specific groups of people, issues and sectors.
- UK Small Grants - Comic Relief provide smaller, mostly community-based, grants in partnership with UK Community Foundations. Grants from £500 up to £30,000 available.
- Telecommunity Fund - A fund designed to support small locally based community projects run by or for teenagers or projects for people with disabilities. Grants of £500-£1,500 available. Application closing dates - 1pm on 22 October 2014 and 1pm on 22 January 2015.
- The Womens Fund for Northern Ireland - A fund established to help women in Northern Ireland fulfil their potential. Grants of £500-£5,000 available. Applications accepted all year.
- Workspace Community Fund - Fund established to stimulate social and economic regeneration in the Magherafelt District Council area. Grants will not normally exceed £250. Application closing date - 12 noon on 1 October 2014.
Community Relations Council
- Community Relations/Cultural Diversity Grant - This funding intends to help community/voluntary groups throughout Northern Ireland develop their capacity to engage in community relations work and to enhance the community relations potential of projects they undertake. Grants available up to £10,000. Application closing date is 21 November 2014.
- Core Funding Scheme - Programme funding for organisations whose core work is community relations. Application closing date for Renewal Groups is 4pm on 31 October 2014 and for New Applicant Groups it is 4pm on 28 November 2014.
- Publications Grant Scheme - Grants up to £5,000 are available to publishers under this scheme. Application closing date is 31 December 2014.
Fermanagh District Council
- Good Relations Grant - Support for non-profit organisations to identify local need and/or develop project ideas. Grants of up to £700 available. Applications accepted all year.
- Good Relations Grant - Support for non-profit organisations to identify local need and/or further develop project ideas. Grants of up to £1,000 available. Applications accepted all year.
- Community Group Seeding Grant - Grant aid for community projects starting up, to help them develop their projects. £200 grant available. Applications accepted all year.
John Moores Foundation
- John Moores Foundation - make grants towards: Start up and running costs; Volunteer and programme costs; Education and training costs; Venue and travel costs; One-off project costs; Equipment. This is a rolling scheme with no deadline as such.
Government Funding Database
- Grant Finder - Find sources of Government funding including council area funding.
Articles of interest