Become a Member
CONNECT with Volunteering, become a MEMBER of VOLUNTEER NOW
Membership is open to all organisations and individuals with an interest in volunteering. There is no fee. By becoming a member you add your voice to support volunteering. To become a member we ask that you/your organisation values the contribution of volunteers, subscribes to the overall charitable objective of Volunteer Now to "promote volunteering for the benefit of the public", and supports the Principles of Membership below.
Principles of Membership
- Volunteering encourages civic participation and demonstrates active citizenship
- Volunteering is an expression of the individual's freedom to choose
- Volunteering is unwaged and benefits from being a reciprocal gift relationship that meets the needs of organisations and volunteers
- Volunteering promotes inclusion and should be open to all
- Volunteering enables people and communities to influence and contribute to social change
- Volunteering works best when it is guided by good practice
Volunteer Now Offers You
- Regular volunteering news through our Online Newsletter
- A calendar of training opportunities through Training E-Circular
- Access to tailored support and training provided by experienced and knowledgeable staff
- Voting rights (only ordinary members can vote); nomination and election of trustees
- Information and good practice resources/standards
- Advertisement of volunteering opportunities on Volunteer Now website (free of charge)
- Networking opportunities
- Input to consultations
- Policy and research briefings
- Connection to national and regional campaigns and initiatives.
Ordinary Membership - Individuals and organisations directly concerned with work in the voluntary field. Only organisations within Northern Ireland can become ordinary members.
Associate Membership - Professional body, trade union, public sector, private sector, statutory body, local authority, district council or Government department pursuing activities compatible with the work of Volunteer Now.