Are You Winter Ready?
Search for Volunteering Opportunities
New opportunities added daily. Powered by Be Collective.->
Are You Winter Ready?
At National Energy Action (NEA NI) we are concerned that higher energy prices, reduced incomes, and leaky, inefficient housing could put many households in Northern Ireland at increased risk of fuel poverty this coming winter. These increases come at a time when many household budgets are already stretched thin.
However, at NEA we know that some simple changes to day-to-day activities could make big differences to household bills. We have created a 10 Top Tips leaflet, with energy saving tips that everybody can implement. Download here.
To assist households, NEA are providing FREE Energy Efficiency workshops across Northern Ireland.
The following topics are included:
- Impact of living in a cold, damp home
- Taking control – understanding your heating system
- Energy efficiency low cost/no cost top tips
- Keeping the heat where it is needed – reducing heat loss
- Causes of and remedies for condensation
- Comparing and switching energy suppliers
- Advice and Support
We can deliver these sessions via webinar or face to face. Individuals can book onto arranged events or organisations throughout Northern Ireland can organise a workshop for their clients.
For further information and booking please contact Nichola MacDougall, NEA NI Training Officer: Nichola.MacDougall@nea.org.uk or phone: 028 9023 9909
Introduction to Domestic Energy Efficiency Webinar
This course is designed to provide a basic introduction to domestic energy efficiency for frontline staff providing householders with energy efficiency advice.
The course aims to make delegates aware of how householders may be able to use their energy more efficiently and reduce possible waste whilst still maintaining a warm and comfortable home.
- heating systems and controls
- top tips for saving electricity
- heat loss in the home and insulation methods
- sources of advice and assistance
- Explain basic space heating appliances
- Explanation of some basic space heating and hot water controls including room thermostats, TRVs, storage heaters and programmers
- Tips for using energy more efficiency in relation to heating, hot water, lighting, and appliances
- Examine heat loss in the home and insulation
- Explain health impacts of living in a cold, damp home
- Sources of advice and assistance
Duration 2.5hrs – Webinars will be delivered live via Zoom by our expert tutors to small groups to ensure a good level of interaction and support for learners.
Free to eligible participants – NEA NI sponsored by Public Health Agency and Belfast Community Planning Partnership under the Belfast Warm and Well project can provide this training FREE for Health & Social Care, housing professionals, community & voluntary organisations within the Belfast Area.
If you belong to an organisation outside of the Belfast Area, please contact us as we may have capacity to provide this training free.
For further information please contact Nichola MacDougall, NEA NI Training Officer: Nichola.MacDougall@nea.org.uk or 028 9023 9909.
Keep up to date with our events on Community NI, Eventbrite and our social media: Twitter: @NEA_NIreland | Facebook: @NEANorthernIreland