Who We Support
Search for Volunteering Opportunities
New opportunities added daily. Powered by Be Collective.->
Who We Support
Listen to Jeanette’s story and how Volunteer Now has supported her with our Befriending Scheme:
“Having a befriender is the best thing that has ever happened to me. It saved me from hell, that’s the truth.”
This Winter, almost a quarter of older people said they will be forced to choose between heating their home or putting food on their table. That’s why we are bringing older people together to share a hot meal and friendship.
Volunteer befrienders help support our vital work with social isolated older people.
We are here and your donations make it possible. Every donation means we can be here when an older person needs us most.
How your donation can help:
– £7.49 could pay for a hot meal and friendship for an older person at one of our ‘get togethers’.
– £10 could fund a ‘Winter Warmer’ box of essentials including items like a hat, scarf, socks, hot water bottle and much more to help keep an older person warm this Winter.
– £25 could help campaign for change at the heart of government to ensure volunteers voice is heard and the vital role they play in society is heard.
– £100 allows us to go into communities to provide two awareness raising sessions with literature promoting the importance of volunteering and how it can help you.
– £500 could fund two ‘get togethers’ for older people this Winter, giving them connection and friendship.