Elmer’s Big Belfast Trail
This summer Belfast City will be brought to life by a herd of uniquely decorated, amazingly creative, elephant sculptures. The free, family-friendly art trail – a collaboration between Northern Ireland Hospice, Wild in Art and Andersen Press, brings David McKee’s popular children’s character Elmer the Patchwork Elephant to life.
From 20th June – 31st August, Elmer and 30 of his uniquely decorated friends will appear on the streets of Belfast to form the biggest-ever public art trail the city has seen, running for ten weeks until 31st August 2022.
NI Hospice need sociable, enthusiastic volunteers to join them as Trailblazers during weekdays and weekends across the ten weeks of the trail. The volunteers will be working in 3 hour shifts.
They are looking for volunteers to help:
- sell Elmer merchandise in our Elmer Shop
- answer questions and promote the trail in the city
- maintain our amazing Elmer sculptures
- support at our Farewell Event and Auction
- as well as many other roles