FREE Capacity Building Training Courses in Belfast City Council Area
Volunteer Now are delivering a range of FREE capacity building training courses to groups based in the Belfast City Council area. All workshops will be online via Zoom.
Leading The Way – Governance
This session is aimed at both current committee members, as well as those who are seeking to join a committee for the first time. By the end of this session, participants will gain an introduction to:
- The Code of Good Governance
- The DIY Committee Guide
- Roles and responsibilities of Trustees
- Building skills in the Committee
- Support for Staff and Volunteers
- Risk management
Dates: 5 October or 1 November 2021
Managing change is now a guaranteed part of any manager’s job. Whether you are managing change at a day to day operational level or implementing it at a strategic level—change needs managed. This master class looks at the theory of managing change and how to put it into practice in such a way to keep volunteers motivated. Using case studies and own examples, participants will start to plan for managing change in their own organisation. By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the change process in organisations
- Outline the characteristics of good leadership
Dates: 18 October or 8 November 2021
This session will explore why we need to assess risk when developing volunteer roles and how volunteer managers can implement this process within their volunteer programme.
Dates: 25 October 2021 (10am-12pm) or 17 November 2021 (9.30am-11.30am)
Programme & Project Planning
By the end of this session, participants will be able to understand:
- Calendar planning document
- Risk assessments
- Developing a vision for your programme or project
- How to put your team together
- Creating an event budget
- Choosing your venue and date
- Identifying and engaging partners and sponsors
- Developing your programme or project branding
- Developing and deploying your marketing campaign
Dates: 28 October 2021 (10am-12pm), 18 November 2021 (2pm-4pm) or 7 December 2021 (2pm-4pm)
This session is about working with communities to address issues of opportunity, access, knowledge and skill in relation to using technology, and in particular, the internet.
Date: 13 December 2021
Sign up for any of the sessions now now by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.