Live Here Love Here Small Grants Scheme
The Live Here Love Here Small Grants Scheme is an incredible opportunity for local communities to apply for a grant between £500 to £5000 to improve their local environment.
The Small Grants Scheme is about encouraging practical, local action towards building more sustainable communities. The scheme will support volunteers to:
• Contribute to the development of civic pride within a community with a focus on environmental improvement.
• Encourage actions and projects that enable Pollution Solutions, Biodiversity Recovery and Climate Action.
• Enhance the environmental management of a local area.
• Improve the health and wellbeing of communities whilst helping to improve and/or maintain public spaces.
• Improve the quality of their local environment by reducing littering and dog fouling through effective and innovative means.
In light of COVID-19, the Live Here Love Here Small Grants Scheme will make available funding to community groups enabling them to respond according to local need for people impacted through reduced contact with society.
Where people and organisations have solutions or ideas, we want to hear from them. An additional criteria has therefore been added to the Live Here Love Here Small Grants Scheme this year:
• Support actions that help care for those in need as a result of COVID-19.
A range of much needed community help that could be supported under this new criterion including, but not limited to:
• Emerging issues in the community as a result of the continuing threat of COVID-19.
• Grow Your Own projects and materials (supplemented by online webinars/classes for e.g. on seed collection, seasonal food growing and maintenance, cookery, foraging etc.) to encourage new skills development, extend virtual environmental education opportunities to the wider community and to provide positive interventions to tackle loneliness and isolation in response to COVID-19.
• Applications welcome from newly formed COVID-19 action groups to act as a community hub and to distribute growing kits to families/individuals in the wider community.
Click here for more information and to complete the online form! We’ve also got case studies, FAQs, guidance notes and our webinar for you to have watch and read through. This is certainly a different year but we will be here as support throughout the application process as always.
Application deadline: 18th May 2020 at 12 noon