Northern Ireland Parents’ Parliament
Following the success of the first two Northern Ireland Parents’ Parliament in Bangor and Magherafelt, parliaments have been planned in Newry, Omagh and Belfast, with a final Parliament to be held in the Parliament Buildings at Stormont, Belfast in late 2019. This final event will be a culmination of all the regional Parents’ Parliaments with a representative group of parents from across NI presenting feedback and/or proposed actions needing to be addressed in education.
The Parents’ Parliament is a great opportunity for all parents to share your views, ideas and experiences of your child’s education with key education policymakers in a relaxed and friendly way.
Who can attend?
Every parent, carer or guardian with a child at school who would like to have their say and get involved in the Parents’ Parliament.
The hot topics for discussion, which have been raised in latest research in Northern Ireland will include:
- Should there be a parent body in every school?
- Mental health and well-being in schools
- The curriculum (what and how children are taught)
- Parental engagement
Register now for an event near you!
- Tuesday 2nd April – Rathore School, 23 Martin’s Lane, Newry BT35 8PJ
- Tuesday 14th May – Arvalee School, Strule Campus, Gortin Road, Omagh BT79 7DH
- Tuesday 17th September – The Graduate School, Queens University Belfast, University Road, Belfast BT7 1NN
To register visit www.parentkind.org.uk