VOLT Session 8: Risk Assessment for Volunteer Involving Organisations *FULLY BOOKED*
A special COVID-19 related series of Volunteer Now Members’ Sessions to look at volunteering across a series of themes started on 14 May with Rethinking Volunteering in Charity Shops Post COVID-19. The following sessions were:
- Rethinking Volunteering in One-to-One and Group Support Roles Post COVID-19
- Rethinking Youth Volunteering in LIght of COVID-19 (view recording here)
- Rethinking Volunteering in Environmental and Heritage Groups in Light of COVID-19 (view recording here)
- Rethinking Volunteering in Fundraising in Light of COVID-19 (view recording here)
- Rethinking Volunteer Driving in Light of COVID-19 (view recording here)
- Rethinking Volunteering: Has COVID-19 Changed Volunteering? (view recording here)
Session 8: Risk Assessment for Volunteer Involving Organisations **FULLY BOOKED**
Date: Monday 6 July 2020
Time: 11am – 12pm
Special Guest: Jonathan Cowlan, Pinsent Masons
As we move out of lockdown, how can we make decisions which safeguard our volunteers, service users and the organisation as a whole? What factors do we need to consider? What are the responsibilities of staff and trustees?
This session will give you an opportunity to hear from an expert in health and safety and to think about the risk assessment framework which needs to be in place in this new environment. There will be an opportunity to ask questions and hear from colleagues working in a similar field about their experiences of re-introducing volunteering and share ideas, tips and strategies.
If you are interested in attending, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place. You will then be sent a link with joining instructions the Friday before the session. Please note this session is being held on Monday 6 July (not the usual Thursday session).