Search for Volunteering Opportunities
New opportunities added daily. Powered by Be Collective.->
Involved in running befriending programmes? Volunteer Now co-ordinates the Befriending Network which is focused on bringing together organisations providing or wanting to provide a befriending service for older people (as well as other client groups).
Benefits of membership (which is free) includes:
- Access to expertise shared between organisations on good practice.
- Opportunities to build links with other befriending organisations.
- Information on funding opportunities.
- Training opportunities e.g. how to establish and run a befriending service.
- Listing in a Directory of Services which is distributed widely.
- Access to support to attain recognised quality standards e.g. Approved Provider Standard.
- Information on regulatory issues and policy e.g. safeguarding.
- Volunteer recognition opportunities e.g. Volunteers Week.
The Network is there to support any organisation wishing to or currently providing a befriending service no matter its size.